The explosion of colour during the Spring time “flower season” in the Western parts of South Africa, have for many decades been one of the most popular tourist options in the country. Thousands of local and international visitors plan their trips to the Western and Northern Cape around the months of August-October, in the hope to experience this natural phenomenon.
Namaqualand is home to around 4000 plant species – each with its own habitat requirements. The seed of many of these arid region plants can lie dormant for years, awaiting just the right conditions to germinate.
With the good rains recently, the Naries team hopes for a spectacular display this year! Naries Namakwa Retreat is situated near Springbok in the Northern Cape and is therefore right in the middle of the area where this annual kaleidoscope of colour occurs.
· Visit www.naries.co.za and book a tour before you arrive with one of our approved operators to ensure you get the best out of your visit. They are always aware of local conditions and where the best flowers are at the moment, and can make your trip so much more rewarding.
· The team are happy to prepare picnic baskets or lunch packs to take along with you when exploring the region. Bookings: email@example.com
· Whilst based at Naries, you are welcome to enjoy our walking routes or use your mountain bikes to explore this arid landscape.
· However guests always comment that they discovered so much more about the unique fauna and flora of Namaqualand if they did the walks with one of our trained local tour guides, Fabian or Eon. They have extensive knowledge of the region and love sharing their love of the land with visitors.
· With accommodation ranging from family-orientated self-catering cottages to luxury Manor House suites and the three unique Mountain Lodges, visitors to Naries often find themselves living right in the middle of the annual floral display when at the Retreat.
· Naries is also known for its traditional warm Namakwa hospitality and the highly rated breakfasts and dinners in the dining room, which is included in the price of the Manor House and Mountain Lodge accommodation packages.
Plan your trip for this year’s floral display now as accommodation gets fully booked very quickly once winter ends. Contact Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 21 870-1080 to find out more about costs, availability and options.