This tour is offered by Namaqua Coastal Expeditions. They need to be contacted directly. For more info visit www.namaquacoastal.com. Note that this excursion needs to be booked PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL.
- Tel:+27 (0)76 642 0868
- Contact Person: Rodville Adams
1 Day 4x4 Shipwreck Tour ITINERARY
A guided, 37km tour on the Namaqualand Diamond Coast in the comfort of your own 4x4 vehicle. Over years the moody Atlantic Ocean has cut short many a sea voyage, sending these ships to a chilly grave along the virtually unspoilt coastline between Koingnaas and Kleinzee. Driving includes soft sand and rocky outcrops, rendering a difficulty rating of 2-3.
Departure from Naries must be by 07h00. Follow directions to the T-junction with the tarred road between Kleinzee (north) and Koingnaas (south). Turn left, continue to the turn-off to Noup and follow directions from here. You will be met by the guide at Noup Divers’ Huts at 09:00.
What will we do?
Three shipwrecks, the Piratiny, Arosa and Border, can be sighted along the trail. Pristine beaches, archaeological sites from the Late Stone Age and various historical sites complete the experience. At lunchtime you will have the opportunity to enjoy your pre-packed lunch and prepare for your journey back to Naries.
Very Important information to take note of:
- Namaqua Coastal Expeditions needs names and ID/passport numbers of all persons 18 years and older participating in the 4x4 Shipwreck Tour at least 3 working days prior to the date of the tour.
- A 4x4 Vehicle WITH LOW RANGE and a fair level of off-road experience is required for this tour. If you DON'T have your own 4x4 please phone Richtersveld Challenge in Springbok to assist – 027 718 1905.
- VERY IMPORTANT: A minimum number of 8 persons (16 years and older) is required to confirm a tour. This may comprise your own party and/or a combination of groups.
- Tariff on request.
- Availability & additional info available directly from Namaqua Coastal Expeditions.